Advanced English speaking – part 1
- What was the cause of the Greek economic downturn in 2011 and 2012?
- How did your country’s economy perform in 2012? What does the future look like?
- Name a market where in your opinion one company has a monopoly. How do they maintain this monopoly and what action should be taken against the company?
- What’s the best and worst thing about the game monopoly?
- What’s the best prisoner of war film you’ve ever seen? Do you think Prison-break was a good series? Why/why not?
- Do you think the price of property in this country is at its correct level? Would you like it to go up or down?
- Have you ever been to Trafalgar square? Tell us who you were with, what the weather was like, and what you did afterwards?
- Costa Brava or Covent Garden? Explain your answer.
- Should they erect a statue of you in the town centre? Why/why not?
- Explain logarithms to the class so that they all understand them.
- Explain what cryptology is to all the class.
- Have you ever been to Egypt? How was your experience? Would you like to go? Why/why not?
- Did you have to study history at school? Which period do you remember best?
- Which period of history would you like to live in and why?
- If your boss was a king would they be just or would the power transform them into a tyrant? What about yourself?
- Ceaser fell in love at first sight – do you believe in love at first sight?
- Cleopatra died from a snake bite. Do you like snakes, spiders, rats and other such things? Do you have any phobias?
- Cleopatra killed herself to avoid execution. Do you think executions are a good idea for violent criminals?
- What do you think of Cleopatra?
- It was common in the ancient world for members of a royal family to fight for power. Often to the death. How well do you get on with your brothers and sisters?
- Can a relationship work between a fifty-two year old and a twenty-two year old?
Remember, if you want to do a real class of advanced speaking or conversation, all you have to do is click the Whatsapp icon in the corner of the screen and speak to one of our teachers. Alternatively you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org