Welcome to another class of conversation that allows you to practice your advanced speaking skills.
Speaking questions – part 1
- Which celebrity is a great example to others and to young people of how to behave?
- Which celebrity is the worse example of how to behave?
- Would you have the courage to risk your life to help others fight for their freedom?
- Who is your favourite classic movie star? Do you like black and white films?
- How much right to privacy do celebrities have?
- Do you remember the day JFK died, Elvis, Princess Diana, and Michael Jackson? Tell us a story about what you were doing and what your reaction was?
- Tell us a story about you, or someone you know, meeting someone famous.
- Which celebrity do you have a particular interest in and why? Tell us a recent story about them which proves your knowledge.
- Do you think it’s morally acceptable that a movie star or footballer receives twenty million dollars a season or movie and a teacher or a nurse receives twenty thousand. Why/why not?
- Beckett specialised in the absurd… tell us about something you think is absurd.
Speaking questions – part 2
- Do you like boxing? Why, why not?
- Are you good at fighting? What about arguing? Who’s the most annoying arguer you know?
- Did you have a poor childhood? Is it better to be very poor than very rich when you’re young?
- Is Beyoncé one of the most beautiful women in the world? Would you like her to be the mother of your children? If you’re a woman, Jay Z – the father?
- Did you cry the day Destiny’s child broke up?
- What’s the best and the worst thing about hip hop?
- What punishment should be given to a father who makes his child help to administer his drugs?
- What would be the probability that you would be kicked out of the army? Why?
- What would be the best and worst thing about moving to Paris?
- Is racism a problem in the United States?
I hope you enjoyed this class of advanced English speaking. See you next week.