- Do you agree that Abba are better than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones – would your other-half agree? Would your parents?
- What was the second record you bought and do you still own it?
- Were cassettes cool? What were their advantages and disadvantages?
- Do you look forward to the Eurovision song contest every year? Should it be stopped? Justify your position.
- What is your favourite Christmas song? Please sing it to the class. (Every member of the class must choose and sing a line from their favourite Christmas song)
- What is the best and worst thing about Belgian people, cities and culture?
- What is the prevailing attitude towards French people in this country? Is it justified?
- What was the most important battle in the history of your country?
- Why is France the most visited country in the world? Would you like to marry a Frenchman/woman?
In today’s class of Advanced English speaking and conversation, we talk about consumerism and shopping addiction.
- Can you remember the first time you went to IKEA? Why did you go and were you excited?
- Do you think you have good or bad taste (gusto) in interior design? Prove it. Do you think you have better taste than your spouse/parents/roommates?
- Have you seen Fight Club… why did you like/dislike the film? Can you understand his obsession and love of IKEA? Is society too consumerist?
- Do you think it is good to start a company when you are as young as Ingvar was?
- What are the principle advantages and disadvantages for a company using gay couples in their advertising?
- What three brands do you feel intense loyalty to?
- Do you think Children from Northern Europe are more DUKTIG than Latin children? Why / why not?
- Are you surprised there’s an IKEA in Saudi Arabia? Why / why not. Would you like to work in the middle East?
- Are you good at building the furniture you buy from IKEA? Do you have any stories about this?
- Would you like to live in Scandinavia? What would be the best and worst things about living there?
Thanks for attending this week’s advanced English speaking class on shopping. See you next week.
Remember, if you want to do a real class of advanced speaking or conversation, all you have to do is click the Whatsapp icon in the corner of the screen and speak to one of our teachers. Alternatively you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org